Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spicy Baby Tako

So the other day Geoff and I went out for sushi at the Tokyo place. About a year ago I started eating sushi again pretty hardcore, starting with yam rolls then eventually moving up to sashimi and tako. Before that I had a major sushi phase which ended abruptly when I got sick with alaska rolls. Anyway, I was feeling adventurous so I ordered a scallop cone and spicy baby tako. Delicious, but Geoff is apparently a "poontang" (to use one of his own colloquialisms) and doesn't like fish at all and sticks to the green veggie plate. I didn't think it would matter if I ate that business and was feeling like some tako but when it came he had a crazy girly freak out about how they look like what they look like when they're alive and wouldn't even try one- even though I assured them they don't even taste like fish because octopi are in fact not fish. Whatever. He was so grossed out that it even started to gross me out, which can happen sometimes. Anyways, I almost got sick and I don't feel like sushi for a while...fuck that guy.

On another note: Apparently the UN has been in Cyprus since 1961. Fuck Cyprus, they don't even deserve to be capitallized. When I was in foreign lands there was advertisements on the TV for "cyprus, the year round island" and that just bothered me because island stuff is a geography thing, not a season thing. Now to learn that not only to they have offensive tourism ad campaigns, they also waste resources and can't solve their fucking proplems for almost 50 years. There's only like 800,000 people, jesus that's like less than Edmonton. Get your fucking act together already cyprus, and the UN too while we're at it, 50 years and you don't do fucking anything.

http://www.visitcyprus.com/wps/portal

No comments:

Post a Comment